Thin Skin Protection Socks / Leg Protectors
Price per pair (subject to 20% VAT if within the EU). If you are registered disabled, you may declare VAT exemption at the checkout.
The patented DERMATUff leg protectors offer protection against skin tears, skin flaps and lacerations. Thin skin tends to be a prevalent issue as we age and even a minor bump or fall can cause long-lasting and painful skin tears or bruises. If you prefer to wear footless protectors on your legs, you can wear the DERMATUff arm protectors (sleeves) on your legs instead. To view the size chart for wearing the sleeves on your legs instead of the socks, click here.
“Provides impact resistance in a similar manner to body armour”
You may be wondering how DERMATUff leg protectors are different to normal leg warmers or socks. Well, our thin skin leg protectors are made with impact resistant yarns spun from Kevlar® by DuPont along with elasticated nylon. This provides impact resistance in a similar manner to body armour. DERMATUff thin skin protectors are CE marked Class 1 Medical Devices. This means they have been clinically evaluated and proved to work as intended. An independent study showed a 97% reduction rate in the level of expected skin tears and bruises when DERMATUff leg protectors were worn.
Some people prefer to use the sleeves for leg protection rather than use the leg protectors. In this case you can wear the sleeves on your legs. Click here to view the separate size table and for more information about using sleeves as leg protectors.
Please scroll down the page to view the full sizing information for wearing the socks. To view the sizing chart for wearing the sleeves (footless) on your legs, click here.
UK Shipping – £3.50 for up to 10 pairs.
Overseas Airmail – £7.50 for up to 10 pairs.
Please note that 'Socks' & 'Leg Protectors' are two terms used interchangeably for the same product.
- DERMATUff leg protectors are unisex
- The looping creates a cushioning and impact resistant effect and the purpose spun yarn further impact, cut, tear and abrasion resistance.
- The combination of the materials and construction work in a similar manner to body armour.
- The socks do not contain any ‘compression’ as required by patients with Oedema, Lymphoedema or Vascular problems.
- The elasticated nylon creates stretchiness so that the socks will fit a wide range of leg diameters within each size, without applying excess pressure.
- The top band is soft to reduce pressure and therefore is not restrictive.
- The socks are shaped in order to fit the leg as well as possible.
- The feet of the socks are made from ‘stretchy’ cotton and will fit any size of foot.
- Three different sizes are available; Small, Medium and Large.
- The socks are designed for multiple usages with washing between each usage.
- Above 180 washings the socks may begin to loose their efficacy. This would equate to one year’s use if just two pairs are used and washed after each day’s usage.
- CE marked and registered with the MHRA as a Medical Device Class I.
- If you prefer footless leg protectors, you may consider wearing the DERMATUff sleeves on your legs, click here for the size chart.
- Select the obvious sock size based on your normal shoe size.
- Measure the circumference in centimetres of your leg just above your ankle bone.
- If this suggests a different sock size then consider a larger or smaller size.
- Consider whether your ankle and calf dimensions are of normal proportions to each other.
- If your calf size is wider than normal decide on a larger sock size.
- If your calf size is narrower than normal decide on a smaller sock size.
27 cm to 33 cm
|9 to 11||10 to 12||43 to 46|
20 cm to 27 cm
6 to 8.5
|7 to 9||
39 to 42
|Small||17 cm to 20 cm||3 to 5.5||4 to 6||
35 to 38
If you have a vascular condition and you feel that your Thin Skin Protection Socks may be too tight just below the knee, seek medical opinion.
For much more information and to find answers to your questions, visit our FAQs section.
DERMATUff ship globally and we have a couple of distributors around the world. When buying directly from our site, international shipping is £7.50 for up to 10 pairs.
To purchase directly from our Swedish partners, click here.
If you are resident in Australia or New Zealand then we would like to refer you to DERMATUff Australia, sold by a company called HealthSaver.
We also have another Australian distributor, Independent Living Store.
We also sell DERMATUff Thin Skin Protection Sleeves (Arm Protectors), please click here to view.
What our customers are saying
Why do so few people know about your wonderful product and why is it so hard to find? My mother in law has been sufferering from fragile skin for some... view more
Thanks Gerder! It is frustrating that thin skin is relatively unknown still but awareness is improving. As for colours, we are working on it but Kevlar is naturally bright yellow, it can be dyed black but colours are difficult.
I have been using these products for a few years and the difference that they have made to my life is huge. I have very fragile skin due to steroid use... view more
Ordered a pair in June 2018 and now have 6 pairs. A lady dropped her suitcase on my leg shortly after I started wearing the socks , normally I would dread... view more
Available sizes and colours
Large, Medium, Small
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)