Factory Seconds Thin Skin Protection Socks (Leg Protectors)
The looping creates a cushioning and impact resistant effect and the purpose spun yarn further impact, cut, tear and abrasion resistance. The combination of the materials and construction work in a similar manner to body armour. The socks do not contain any ‘compression’ as required by patients with Oedema, Lymphoedema or Vascular problems. However the elasticated nylon creates stretchiness so that the socks will fit a wide range of leg diameters within each size without applying excess pressure and the top band is soft so that the pressure is less and therefore is not restrictive. The stockings are shaped in order to fit the leg as well as possible. The feet of the socks are made from ‘stretchy’ cotton and will fit any size of foot. Four sizes are available as factory seconds; Small, Medium, Medium-Wide and Large. The socks are designed for multiple usages with washing between each usage.
CE marked and registered with the MHRA as a Medical Device Class I.
Size Selection for Socks
- Select the obvious sock size based on your normal shoe size.
- Measure the circumference in centimetres of your leg just above your ankle bone.
- If this suggests a different sock size then consider a larger or smaller size.
- Consider whether your ankle and calf dimensions are of normal proportions to each other.
- If your calf size is wider than normal decide on a larger sock size.
- If your calf size is narrower than normal decide on a smaller sock size.
|Sock Size||Ankle Circumference||UK
|Large||27 cm to 33 cm||9 to 11||10 to 12||43 to 46|
|Medium-Wide||24 cm to 27 cm||6 to 8.5||7 to 9||39 to 42|
|Medium||20 cm to 24 cm||6 to 8.5||7 to 9||39 to 42|
|Small||17 cm to 20 cm||3 to 5.5||4 to 6||35 to 38|
If you have a vascular condition and you feel that your Thin Skin Protection Socks may be too tight just below the knee, please seek a medical’s opinion.
Submit your review